Save the Date: UCLA Film & Television Archive at the Billy Wilder Theater.
El Santo never had a classier venue.
¡AZTEC MUMMIES & MARTIAN INVADERS!: MEXICAN SCI-FI CLASSICS
Though inspired by European and classic Hollywood movies, these films are distinctly Mexican—often mixing multiple genres (horror, comedy, sci-fi) and featuring several ubiquitous figures: comedians, voluptuous women, aliens and Mexican wrestlers. This series will feature newly restored and subtitled 35mm prints from the vaults of the Filmoteca at UNAM (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México), including:
- The Aztec Mummy vs. the Human Robot / "La momia azteca vs el robot humano" (1957, Rafael Portillo)
- The Monster's Ship / "La nave de los monstrous" (1959, Rogelio A. Gonzalez)
- The Planet of Female Invaders / "El planeta de las mujeres invasoras" (1965, Alfredo B. Crevenna)
- Santo the Silver Mask vs. The Invaders from Mars / "Santo vs la invasión de los marcianos" (1966, Alfredo B. Crevenna)
- The Stronger Sex / "El sexo fuerte" (1945, Emilio Gómez Muriel)